Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This tastes really yummy and is worth the effort!
Make and share this Candied Grapefruit Peel recipe from Food.com.
- Take peel(make sure that no white part is on the peel, it's the bitter part) from 3 grapefruit and cook 5 minutes in water.
- Drain and repeat twice.
- Cut peel into strips (scissors work well).
- Cook peel gently in corn syrup until most is absorbed and the peel is shiny.
- Watch carefully as it can burn.
- Drain, cool, roll in granulated sugar.
- Lay out on cookie sheet to dry.
- Will keep in a tightly covered jar a long time.
These candied grapefruit peel are so good. I have made them lots of times before,But, this recipe is easier. Thank you Sharon.
These candied peels are DELICIOUS! This is the first time I was able to make them without having one huge lump of peels on my hands. I followed the recipe and think the corn syrup made the difference. I chopped some of it into yoghurt, to die for! Made and reviewed for the Spanish & Portuguese Forum, June 2012.
Made using a grapefruit, orange, and lemon. While the lemon was good, only some of the orange and grapefruit were good. Had some issues with how to get all the white pithy part and not have it too thin. Also had issues with the ingredients calling for a cup of water, so ended up adding it to the corn syrup. Based my review on the part that turned out as I think the part that did not turn out may have be my lack of skill in making this kind of candy.