This tastes really yummy and is worth the effort!
Make and share this Candied Grapefruit Peel recipe from Food.com.
- Take peel(make sure that no white part is on the peel, it's the bitter part) from 3 grapefruit and cook 5 minutes in water.
- Drain and repeat twice.
- Cut peel into strips (scissors work well).
- Cook peel gently in corn syrup until most is absorbed and the peel is shiny.
- Watch carefully as it can burn.
- Drain, cool, roll in granulated sugar.
- Lay out on cookie sheet to dry.
- Will keep in a tightly covered jar a long time.