1/3 Photos of Candied Grapefruit Peel
1 hr 30 mins
This tastes really yummy and is worth the effort!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take peel(make sure that no white part is on the peel, it's the bitter part) from 3 grapefruit and cook 5 minutes in water.
- 2Drain and repeat twice.
- 3Cut peel into strips (scissors work well).
- 4Cook peel gently in corn syrup until most is absorbed and the peel is shiny.
- 5Watch carefully as it can burn.
- 6Drain, cool, roll in granulated sugar.
- 7Lay out on cookie sheet to dry.
- 8Will keep in a tightly covered jar a long time.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Grapefruit Peel
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 112.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
grapefruit, rind of