Recipe by Rita~
You may get confused when eating this yummy side. Yes! It is a side not a dessert. The flavor of this is so yummy. You have the sweetness from the potatoes, brown sugar, dried cranberries and juice. Yet tanginess from the cranberries & juice. And a nice bite and sweetness from the Ginger. Real Comfort food!This recipe uses my optional Mixed-Herb Compound Butter for Veggies or Meat or your choice and Crystallized Ginger , Ginger Syrup & Ginger Sugar or store bought. Enjoy!
Top Review by Engrossed
This was easy and pretty. My Mother made this for Thanksgiving. I don't like sweet potatoes and still don't after this recipe but my Mother said to give it 3 stars she "liked them" and my husband "liked them".
- 29.58 ml butter (try your favorite compound butter or Recipe #66040) or 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 453.59 g sweet potatoes or 453.59 g yam, sliced
- 28.34 g candied ginger, diced (store bought or Crystallized Ginger , Ginger Syrup & Ginger Sugar)
- 29.58 ml dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml pineapple juice
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven proof 8x8 dish melt butter in dish in the oven.
- Meanwhile mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and pour butter over give a toss.
- Layer them in the same pan you should have 2 layers. Pour the mixture over and bake till tender about 40 minutes. Baste with juice mixture half way through.