1/1 Photo of Candied Ginger Cookies
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
Even though I have several cookies that are traditional to make for Christmas, every year, I like to try a new cookie. You never know when you'll find a real winner. Last year I found this recipe -- and a winner it is! I had just gotten some fresh crystalized ginger and wanted to use it in an easy recipe. This cookie, which I found at Cooks.com. fits the bill perfectly. It has a hauntingly subtle flavor -- and when you get to a chunk of crystalized ginger, WOW! Deliious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well. Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt, mixing to combine. Add to creamed ingredients and mix well. Chill.
- 3Roll into balls smaller than golf balls and flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. These spread a little so don't crowd.
- 4Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- 5NOTE: These are very plain looking cookies. You may want to melt chocolate chips and drizzle over the cookies to "fancy them up" a bit.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (749 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 138.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: