Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Low fat version from Cooking Light.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 12 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1 (24 ounce) carton 1% fat cottage cheese
- 16 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- gingerroot, strips (optional)
- Coat the bottom of a 20-inch springform pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with crumbs and set aside. Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cottage cheese and cream cheese and process until smooth. Add 3/4 cup sugar, brandy, whole eggs, and gingerroot; process until smooth. pour into a large bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) and cream of tartar at high speed of an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently stir 1/4 of egg white mixture into cheese mixture. Gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Pour into greased pan. Bake at 325 deg for 50 minutes or until almost set. Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Garnish with crystallized gingerroot strips if desired.