Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you are a ginger freak like me then these are the perfect cookie. They are easy to make in the food processor. They are kind of like shortbread packed with ginger and cardamom. I got this one out of the newspaper some time back, it was by Linda Faus. Warning!!!! These have serious addiction potential.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Ok here is the hardest part -- finely chop crystallized ginger and set aside.
- In a food processor add flour, sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Cut butter into half in cubes.
- Add butter to processor and mix into a coarse meal forms.
- Beat egg and add 2 tablespoons to processor and mix until a moist crumbs form.
- Add ginger and blend until moist clumps form.
- Press dough into pan.
- Brush the rest of the egg over the top.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and let cool completely in pan.
- Cut into 18 pieces.
A nice bar packed full of flavor. Crisp, tender and spicy. I served this treat with Guilt-Free Frozen Lime Dessert for a nice contrast in flavors. Subtle lime meets ginger and cardamom, they were perfect together. Thanks for sharing your recipe Matt. Made for Fall Pac 2011.