1/7 Photos of Candied Ginger and Syrup
I found this at cdkitchen.com and it looked so easy I had to try it.. I will never buy candied ginger again.. this was outstanding. And I can't wait to try the syrup in some tea.
My Private Note
- 1Peel ginger and slice into rounds about 1/8 inch thick.
- 2Mix sugar and water in a large sauce pan and bring to boil.
- 3When sugar is disolved, add ginger and boil for 45 minutes.
- 4Ginger should be sweet and tender.
- 5Drain ginger and reserve liquid.
- 6Place ginger on rack to dry for 30 minutes.
- 7Toss with sugar to coat.
- 8Let dry on wax paper.
- 9Store in airtight container.
- 10Boil reserved liquid until reduced to a syrup with consistency between maple syrup and honey. (mine was that way after the 45 minutes with the ginger in it.
- 11Sugar will crystalize, but just and a little water and boil.
- 12Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- 13Syrup can be used for waffles, icecream, tea, Or whereever you use syrup.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Ginger and Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (1407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1599.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 411.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 400.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g