1/7 Photos of Candied Ginger and Syrup
I found this at cdkitchen.com and it looked so easy I had to try it.. I will never buy candied ginger again.. this was outstanding. And I can't wait to try the syrup in some tea.
My Private Note
- 1Peel ginger and slice into rounds about 1/8 inch thick.
- 2Mix sugar and water in a large sauce pan and bring to boil.
- 3When sugar is disolved, add ginger and boil for 45 minutes.
- 4Ginger should be sweet and tender.
- 5Drain ginger and reserve liquid.
- 6Place ginger on rack to dry for 30 minutes.
- 7Toss with sugar to coat.
- 8Let dry on wax paper.
- 9Store in airtight container.
- 10Boil reserved liquid until reduced to a syrup with consistency between maple syrup and honey. (mine was that way after the 45 minutes with the ginger in it.
- 11Sugar will crystalize, but just and a little water and boil.
- 12Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- 13Syrup can be used for waffles, icecream, tea, Or whereever you use syrup.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Ginger and Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (1407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1599.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 411.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 400.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g