Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
One more cooky recipe from the old Swedish church cookbook. This book was published in the 1940's. Heirloom recipes....
- Cream shortening with sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in unbeaten egg.
- Sift flour with salt and baking powder.
- Add vanilla to milk and add to creamed ingredients alternately with flour.
- Cut candied fruits fine and add to mixture.
- Drop on greased baking sheet.
- Top each cookie with half candied cherry.
- Bake in a moderate oven -- (375 degrees) for about 10 minutes.
I changed the recipe a little instead of shortening i used real butter! I doubled the recipe,and i didnt like the first batch so i added 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg. That made them taste more like Christmas! over all it's just really a sugar cookie recipe with the candied fruit...try with the nutmeg it's pretty good!
Really great simple and delish cookies. I made them exactly as called for.. the best and I'll be making them every year!