Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here is a delicious cake that can be made for the Holiday season, or I guess anytime of the year - tastes very good!!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 (8 ounce) package pitted dates, cut in half
- 1 (4 ounce) package candied cherries (red and green)
- 1 (4 ounce) package candied pineapple
- 4 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam (jelly, not jam)
- Grease and flour 4 mini loaf pans or round casserole. In medium bowl, beat egg with sugar until fluffy. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt and blend. Add dates, cherries, and pineapple. Wet your hands and pack into pans. Bake at 300F for 35-40 minutes. Top should be dry, but not brown. Melt jelly, add bourbon and while cakes are still warm, spread mixture over cakes, Wrap tightly. Keep in refrigerator or freezer. Best if you can make this a week or two before serving. Family favorite for many years.