Recipe by Piper Lee
When you want an easy sweet and salty snack. Got this from a friend.
Top Review by clowneygirl
I love this stuff. I first had it in elementary school. I had an amish friend that lived near us. I spent lots of time at her house and her mom made this often for all of us kids. Brings back memories. I can't believe I'd forgotten about this until now. I need to make some for my son. Thanks for bringing back such great memories.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with shortening or butter.
- Crush Fritos into small pieces using a ziploc bag and a rolling pin.
- Spread evenly onto greased cookie sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and syrup to a boil then boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter; stir until dissolved.
- Pour over crushed Fritos.
- Cool in refrigerator; break into pieces and enjoy.