A tasty little candy with a gorgeous presentation, not difficult to make. Some ideas for edible flowers: rose, pansy, sunflower, basil, honeysuckle, lavender, violets. This recipe can also be used for fruits and roots (apples, carrots, parsnips, pears...)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the flowers gently in cool water, and drain on paper towels.
- 2Trim off the white tips that attatch the petals to the stem.
- 3In a heavy saucepan, combine rose water and sugar.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Submerge the flowers in the syrup and stir.
- 6Return to a boil then reduce heat to a gentle boil.
- 7Cook for 15 minutes.
- 8As soon as sugar begins to caramelize (it will turn light brown), remove pan from heat.
- 9Remove the flowers and set them on waxed paper.
- 10Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 11Peel candies off waxed paper and store them in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Flowers
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 149.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: