Recipe by Annacia
Delicious after dinner with coffee.
Top Review by Food Addict!
O...M...G...!!! These are so awesome, if you love coffee! Made these for a 'girls night' and paired so very well with red wine! I only used 1/3 cup sugar - plenty. I also did not have instant espresso, but what I did have was free samples of Taster's Choice Instant coffee singles - I used the Vanilla. The girls want to pay me to keep making these!
- nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely ground espresso beans
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 large egg white
- 4 cups walnut halves (about 12 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Whisk sugar and next 4 ingredients in small bowl.
- Whisk egg white in large bowl until frothy. Add walnuts; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle walnuts with espresso mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread coated walnuts on prepared sheet in single layer.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Slide spatula under walnuts to loosen from baking sheet and stir, rearranging in single layer.
- Bake until walnuts are dry to touch, about 5 minutes longer.
- Loosen walnuts from sheet again; cool on sheet.
- DO AHEAD:
- Candied walnuts can be made 2 weeks ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.