Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Makes a delicious snack or to have out for guests. Also great as a gift idea around Holiday time. Can be made one week ahead. From Bon Appetit
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Mix onion powder, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, curry powder, and cayenne pepper in small bowl to blend.
- Melt butter and honey with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pecan halves and stir to coat; remove from heat.
- Add spice mixture and toss to coat pecans evenly.
- Spread pecans in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake pecans until dry and toasted, about 40 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Separate pecans (Can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.).
Very easy to make--great savory flavor.
These are okay, but get rather boring after a couple of bites. Sorry, I think this was a bit of a waste of good pecans and butter--and those aren't that cheap!