Prep 30 mins
Cook 72 hrs
A christmas classic.
- Place 2 cups of cranberries into a 6-8 cup stainless steel bowl.
- Fill the large pot or steamer with a few inches of water and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the boiling syrup over the cranberries and cover the bowl with a plate.
- Set the covered bowl of cranberries into the pot or steamer.
- Cover the pot and steam the berries over low to medium heat for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let the berries sit in the syrup for 3 to 4 days at room temperature.
- The syrup will become a little jellied.
- Drain the berries before using.