1/1 Photo of Candied Coconut Date Squares
3 hrs 15 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
These are so good, and best of all they are quick and easy to make. They are also very easy to double...and believe me, after you taste these you will wish you had doubled the recipe...I hope you enjoy these amazing squares as much as we do. Please note* there is no baking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 9x5x3" loaf pan with butter, and set aside, until ready to use.
- 2For the squares - In a medium sized pot, combine, dates, sugar, flour, butter and egg.
- 3Stir constantly until mixture comes to a full boil 7 -10 minutes.
- 4Continue cooking until it starts to thicken, this should take about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the coconut to the mixture and then spread into prepared 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- 6Prepare the glaze in a small bowl, stirring together the powdered sugar, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract, until smooth.
- 7Drizzle the glaze over the warm squares.
- 8Cover and refrigerate until firm, this should take about 3 hours.
- 9Cut into squares, and store covered in the fridge until needed -- Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Coconut Date Squares
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 31.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g