Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These peels adds extra appeal as garnish for all kinds of desserts. You can use a mix of citruses or just one of lemon, lime, grapefruit, orange, tangerines etc. I have used lemon in the below
- Peel lemons with vegetable peeler; cut strips into thiness of your preference.
- Simmer water in a sauce pan, add rinds and let simmer for 10 min, remove.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil; let boil for 3 min until it becomes a syrup.
- Add rinds, reduce heat and let simmer in syrup for 5 minute Remove and let cool.
- Use rinds for garnish once cooled.
I've been wanting to try this for a long time.Made it with oranges and I'm thinking to use it on a rice dish I've been thinking to try and is also good as a topping on a whipped cream cake. Had something a long time ago with the same taste that I used to eat with pancakes. It was like a jam/preserve made with citrus rind. Thanks for the recipe.
I used grapefruit and this turned out so yummy!I did leave out taking the citrus peel out and just let it boil down with the peel in. I wanted to make sure it was cooked long enough. It turned out great. Thanks! Made for 123 Hit Wonders game.