Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was taken from the Recipelink website. These pecans are an ingredient found in the Blue Cheese Chopped Salad served at Outback Steakhouse restaurants. (See Blue Cheese Chopped Salad (Outback Steakhouse Copycat) for a Copy Cat version of that salad)
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, sliced-lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Slice each pecan half into three lengthwise pieces.
- Mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Toss pecans with melted butter, then with the cinnamon/sugar mixture, tossing well to ensure a thorough coating.
- Put the nuts on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until sugar is caramelized.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, slide the parchment together with the nuts off the sheet to cool, and set aside.
Made for Spring 2008 PAC. These were great and added a nice crunch to my salad. The great thing about these is that the recipe only makes a small amount. I will be making these often. Thanks, CookGordon!