Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These make a beautiful presentation if you peel carefully. Serve whole, or in slices as a garnish for baked ham or over vanilla ice cream. From Good Housekeeping.
- 4 large apples, peeled and cored (Golden Delicous or Gala)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup small red cinnamon candies (Red Hots)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- mint leaf (to garnish) (optional)
- In 4qt saucepan, heat apples, water, candies and margarine to boiling, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender, turning apples occasionally and spooning syrup over apples to coat.
- To serve, place apple on dish, spoon syrup over and around and if desired, insert a mint leaf into stem end for garnish.