Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The kids love these
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 10 pineapple rings
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, flour, oregano, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; dredge chicken in bread crumb mixture and brown in skillet, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. Layer chicken in 2 lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dishes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water. Bring to a boil, and pour over chicken. Cover baking dishes with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Top each piece with a pineapple ring, and serve.
GREAT chicken!! We prefer b/s thighs so this was perfect. The sauce gave it a nice sticky glaze that was not too sweet. It cooked up in the time that the recipe states and all of the sauce thickens up and almost all absorbs into the chicken so it is not too soupy/saucy. Going into my Best of Cookbook!! Made for All You Can Cook Buffet.