Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Easy, impressive, delicious and very kid-friendly!
Make and share this Candied Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 10 chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 10 pineapple rings
- Mix the bread crumbs, flour, oregano, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Dredge chicken in bread crumb mixture and brown in skillet, about 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Layer chicken in 2 lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dishes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, mustard, ketchup, soy, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water.
- Bring to a boil, and pour over chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Let cool, garnish with pineapple rings and serve.
Very easy and delicious , definitely a keeper . I left off the pineapple rings and it really wasn't missing anything. I cut the recipe in 1/2 for my needs and would still use a little less brown sugar and also less breadcrumbs as they were still left over. Also the cooking time for 5 breasts was 1/2 hour in oven after frying.
this is like a billion star recipe! i scaled it down to 5 servings to fit the amount of chicken i was cooking - six boneless, skinless chicken strips. next time ill cut the breading mixture in half, because i had a lot left over - even only using a cup of bread crumbs. I served it with rice on the side and some honey carrots. i followed the recipe to a T. (a rareity) except to use a shake or two of dehydrated minced onions instead of the real deal (i was out) and i skipped the pineapples on top afterwards. My dad turned his nose up at first, thinking by the name it would be too sweet, but he accually really enjoyed it - it was the first time he ever told me "save that recipe". My chicken only took a half hour in the oven, it was practically allready cooked after frying it. Id love to add some chili flakes in next time - and believe me there will be a next time! very easy and very tasty
This is the umpteenth time I've made this. It is WONDERFUL. My DH BEGS for me to make this- so I save it for a "bribery" meal. VERY EASY. I've also made a "diabetic" version of this for his boss. this is loved by all!! Thanks-