1/2 Photos of Candied Chicken Breasts
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Easy, impressive, delicious and very kid-friendly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 10 pineapple rings
- 1Mix the bread crumbs, flour, oregano, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Dredge chicken in bread crumb mixture and brown in skillet, about 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- 4Layer chicken in 2 lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dishes.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6In a large saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, mustard, ketchup, soy, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water.
- 7Bring to a boil, and pour over chicken.
- 9Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 10Let cool, garnish with pineapple rings and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1322.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 55.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets