Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
SO Sweet and good!! Adds variety to every day cream and garlic bases for chicken! I made this up in a hurry one day while waiting for my husband to come home so we could go fishing!
- Melt butter into frying pan or skillet over medium heat, add maple syrup and melt together as well.
- Stir often.
- Add ginger, and mix all these together, once mixed well, add breasts.
- Cook about fifteen minutes on each side.
- If candy starts to harden or blacken bottom of pan, turn down heat and continue to cook breasts until thoroughly cooked.
- (Check center by making a small cut with knife and fork to see if it is raw in the middle). Serve and enjoy!
Pretty good! I halved the sauce ingredients for two chicken breasts. It did seem that no matter how low I turned the heat, the "candy" wanted to burn. I covered the chicken to try to accelerate the cooking/stop the blackening. I also added about 2 tbs of tamari soy so the salt could balance out the sweet. I sliced one breast thin and used it in a simple green salad. I'll probably use the other breast with the sauce with carrots. I'd try it again for a salad treatment. The candy coating kept the chicken very moist. Thanks, Sarah!
Exelent taste. easy to make I added 1/2 cup of Pecans and let them simmer with rest of the ingredients.