Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A cherry bundt cake recipe from Granato's of Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1 cup candied cherry (or marachino cherries drained & dried on paper towels for 4-6 hrs. or overnight)
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- red food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease an 8 inch bundt pan.
- Dust with flour, then shake any excess.
- Cut cherries in half and toss them in flour.
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until creamy and light.
- Add eggs, then vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients that have been previously sifted and fold by hand alternating with milk.
- Stir in cherries.
- Pour into tin and smooth surface.
- Bake for 35 min or until toothpick comes out clean of the center.
- Let cool in pan for 10 min before unmolding.
- For the glaze, stir all ingredients over a hot water bath or double boiler until smooth.
- Pour over cake.