Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mmmmmmm a delicious way with carrots!
Make and share this Candied Carrots With Molasses Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Cook carrots, covered, in boiling salted water for 20 minutes, or just until crisp-tender; drain well.
- Melt butter in large skillet; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat, stirring constantly, to the boiling boil.
- Add carrots, stirring well to coat.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, or until nicely glazed.
I had originally set out to find the recipe for brown sugar candied carrots, but I had a jar of molasses that needed used, so I thought I'd try these. They're delicious! The molasses lends a completely different flavor of sweetness. Thanks!
Very good carrots. I made these with a crock pot chuck roast and homestyle fries. My daughter said they were ok. I loved them! They kinda tasted like sweet potatoes to me. I used whole carrots cut up. I will be making these again, if only for me. :-)