Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
Very different combination of spices. My family likes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Bring water to a boil in a large skillet; add next 4 ingredients.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add honey and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil uncovered, for 4 minutes or until the liquid evaporates and the carrots are tender.
This was a nice way to serve carrots. I didn't have any cinnimon sticks, so I used 1 tsp ground cinnimon instead. I did need to add more water during boiling to keep the carrots from burning.
Good carrot recipe. I used baby carrots and halved the recipe, turned out great! I was worried that they might be too sweet but that wasn't the case. Thanks