Recipe by cookiedog
The carrots get a butterscotch flavor from the cranberry glaze. Recipe courtesy Charlotte Hansen of The Jamestown Sun.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Right on! This is such an easy side dish to make & makes for a jazzed up side dish that takes an otherwise somewhat bland vegetable to higher level. The only change I made was that I added about 1/4 cup of dried cranberries at the end. Many thanks for the recipe ~ Now I can't wait to make it when my son & his wife [both strict vegetarians] come over!
- 5 medium carrots
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup canned jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrape carrots and slice crosswise on bias about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook, covered in small amount of boiling water, until just tender, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Combine butter, cranberry sauce, brown sugar and salt in skillet.
- Heat slowly and stir until cranberry sauce melts.
- Add drained carrots; heat, stirring occasionally, until nicely glazed on all sides about 5 minutes.