Jamie B's Note:
This casserole is always a big hit at holiday meals. Yams surrounded with a thick sauce and topped with marshmallows... It's a vegetable that almost tastes like a dessert!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13x2 baking pan (or 4 quart casserole) with cooking spray.
- 2Mix flour, brown sugar and salt in a microwavable 4 cup measuring cup.
- 3Add syrup from yam cans so that the measuring cup contains about 2 1/2 cups. (You'll add about 2 cups of syrup, but some of the sugar and flour dissolves.) Stir.
- 4Add butter, sliced.
- 5Microwave, stirring frequently, until sauce is thick, but still pourable. This step took me about 10 minutes. I start with 90 seconds, then stir every 30 or 20 seconds. If it gets too thick, add water and stir.
- 6Place yams in sprayed casserole. Pour sauce over yams. Bake until the sauce starts to bubble, about 25 minutes.
- 7Top with marshmallows and return to the oven to brown, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Canned Yams With Marshmallows (GF)
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 359.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 38.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g