Recipe by Rita~
Oh so sweet,& nutty, with the slightest kick.
Top Review by diana_hotchkiss
This recipe was a great hit at my Christmas dinner this year(2009). Even the 3 guests who told me later that they did not like Brussels sprouts raved about them. I left out the pepper flakes this time but will add them next time I make them. So quick and easy to make!
- 473.18 ml Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 354.88 ml champagne or 118.29 ml apple juice mixed with one cup water
- 29.58 ml honey
- 118.29 ml almond liqueur or 118.29 ml Amaretto
- 0.25 ml chili pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml cornstarch, mixed with
- 4.92 ml water
- 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml almonds, crushed and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam Brussels sprouts in champagne till tender-crisp about 5 minutes. Remove brussels sprouts leaving the champange in the pot.
- Add honey, Amaretto, and pepper flakes reduce by half.
- Whisk in butter and cornstarch slurry.
- Toss in nuts.
- Toss the cooked Brussels sprouts in the candied nut mixture.
- Season with salt.