Recipe by Rita~
Oh so sweet,& nutty, with the slightest kick.
Top Review by diana_hotchkiss
This recipe was a great hit at my Christmas dinner this year(2009). Even the 3 guests who told me later that they did not like Brussels sprouts raved about them. I left out the pepper flakes this time but will add them next time I make them. So quick and easy to make!
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 1⁄2 cups champagne or 1⁄2 cup apple juice mixed with one cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup almond liqueur or 1⁄2 cup Amaretto
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, crushed and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam Brussels sprouts in champagne till tender-crisp about 5 minutes. Remove brussels sprouts leaving the champange in the pot.
- Add honey, Amaretto, and pepper flakes reduce by half.
- Whisk in butter and cornstarch slurry.
- Toss in nuts.
- Toss the cooked Brussels sprouts in the candied nut mixture.
- Season with salt.