Prep 29 mins
Cook 45 mins
I bake this in a foil dish on my outdoor grill, either way oven or out door grill these are delicious!
- 1360.77 g small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into about 1-1/2-inch cubes (or may be sliced into wedges)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Place the potato cubes into the baking dish and toss with salt.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar with cinnamon and corn syrup over low heat stir until butter has melted and ingredients are combined (do not allow to boil).
- Pour over the cubed sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are just fork tender (do not cook until soft and mushy, cooking time will depend on the size you cut the potatoes).
The ONLY way I make my sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving!
I really enjoyed these potatoes! They almost tasted like sweet potato pie. I made these to go with a ham at Christmas, and they paired very well. The only change I'll make is to reduce the cinnamon next time. Made for TYM tag.
These are so good. I did the oven method and cut the recipe in 1/2 to serve 2-3. DS who normally is not a sweet-potato fan was even caught snatching a couple right from the dish and popping into his mouth. Easy plus delicious!!!