1/4 Photos of Candied Apples Topped With Coconut
These are for Cindy! If you like sweet crisp apples bite into this. If you don't like the coconut just place the dipped apples on to a very well grease the cookie sheet pan. Or you can dip into those colored candies if you have a real sweet tooth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove stems from apples, wash, and towel dry.
- 2Insert a wooden skewer or popsical sticks in each apple, running through the apple from stem end to base without protruding all the way through the bottom end.
- 3Combine sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon candies, and water in medium to large saucepan.
- 4Cook until candies dissolve, stirring constantly.
- 5Be careful not to boil.
- 6Add cinnamon, vanilla, and food coloring.
- 7Mix thoroughly.
- 8Boil mixture to 300°F using a candy thermometer without stirring for the hard crack stage, or if you like a nice so HARD to cook the candy to 245 or 250, to the firm ball stage.
- 9As soon as mixture reaches 300° F.It will be very thick.
- 10Remove it from heat and quickly dip each apple-one by one-into the mixture until it is thoroughly coated.
- 11Dip the base end of apple into coconut to coat the bottom and place coconut side down skewer pointing up, on baking sheet until mixture hardens.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Apples Topped With Coconut
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 178.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 117.9 g
- Protein 0.9 g