These are for Cindy! If you like sweet crisp apples bite into this. If you don't like the coconut just place the dipped apples on to a very well grease the cookie sheet pan. Or you can dip into those colored candies if you have a real sweet tooth.
- Remove stems from apples, wash, and towel dry.
- Insert a wooden skewer or popsical sticks in each apple, running through the apple from stem end to base without protruding all the way through the bottom end.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon candies, and water in medium to large saucepan.
- Cook until candies dissolve, stirring constantly.
- Be careful not to boil.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, and food coloring.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Boil mixture to 300°F using a candy thermometer without stirring for the hard crack stage, or if you like a nice so HARD to cook the candy to 245 or 250, to the firm ball stage.
- As soon as mixture reaches 300° F.It will be very thick.
- Remove it from heat and quickly dip each apple-one by one-into the mixture until it is thoroughly coated.
- Dip the base end of apple into coconut to coat the bottom and place coconut side down skewer pointing up, on baking sheet until mixture hardens.