Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a favorite of children in the fall.
- 6 wooden popsicle sticks
- 6 medium red apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup red cinnamon candies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- Clean, dry, and remove stems from apples.
- Insert popsicle sticks into stem-end of each apple.
- In a medium heavy saucepan, add remaining ingredients, except food coloring, and insert candy thermometer.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture dissolves.
- Do NOT boil.
- Add food coloring, then boil without stirring until thermometer reaches 300* or a drop of syrup turns brittle in cold water.
- Remove from heat.
- Working quickly, dip apples in syrup to coat evenly, and twirl around so excess will drain off.
- Cool on wax paper.
this recipe was so simple and easy to do. this was my first attempt at making them and my kids and their friends loved them.id definately recommend this recipe to all my friends.
I was looking for this recipe for a long time. My mother made these when i was young. I couldn't find the hot cinn. candys i wanted so i used hot wrapped cin. candys. now i don't know if there is a diff. but it didn't seem to harden on the apple. It was sticky. When i cut into them and tasted them they were very tasty. I even put them in the frig. It didn't seem to change them at all. What did i do wrong? I rate the taste a (5) and results a (3) rose