Recipe by Muffin Goddess
One more way to use up some of those apples from apple-picking season. Recipe courtesy of Sara Moulton. Prep time includes hour for partially freezing apples.
Top Review by Midwest Maven
This was a very cold refreshing shake. I had a slight mishap with my blender and had to add extra apple juice because mine leaked out lol. And I added a lil more caramel than called for, but this was great, thanks! Made this for Fall PAC 2008.
- 1 cup granny smith apple, peeled, diced and partially frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (preferably fresh-squeezed)
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla frozen yogurt (nonfat is fine)
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 2⁄3 cup cracked ice