1/2 Photos of Candied Apple Rings or Slices
I came up with this recipe to try and duplicate the apple rings that I used to have when I was growing up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the apples into thin rings.
- 2In a dutch oven or soup kettle put the water, sugar and red cinnamon candies.
- 3Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to medium, stirring occasionally.
- 4When the cinnamon candies have dissolved, add the apple rings.
- 5Simmer for 15 minutes on lowish heat until the apples are tender.
- 6While the apples are simmering, about every 5 minutes gently stir the mixture.
- 7When the apples are cooked, turn off the heat and allow the apples to cool in the syrup.
- 8They will continue to darken in color as they sit in the syrup.
- 9Serve either chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Apple Rings or Slices
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red cinnamon candies