Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the winner of the Philadelphia Cheesecake Contest and is a twist on a classic holiday favorite. Recipe by Deborah Biggs.
- 1 cup crushed nabisco ginger snaps
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, Softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup apple pie filling, divided
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces, divided
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces, divided
- Heat oven to 325. Mix ginger snap crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each just until blended. Stir in half each of pie filling, nuts and toffee. Pour into crust.
- Bake 35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with remaining pie filling, nuts and toffee.