Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Bring water, sugar and cinnamon to a boil;stirring constantly.
- Add almonds and toss to coat.
- Remove almonds with slotted spoon.
- Arrange on greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, basting twice with reserved syrup.
- Store airtight.
I just made this with a few modifications to meet my taste. I measured by 1/3 cups because I only had about a cup of nuts. I added 2/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup brown sugar to 1/3 cup water and added 1 tbs salted butter. When they came out of the oven I lightly salted them while they were still sticky as I enjoy salty-sweet things. Thanks for helping me make something delicious!
These are deadly, can't keep my hands off them!! They did take a little longer than 20 minutes to get good and crisp.
I have been making these for years. They are a lovely addition to Christmas baskets or for a hostess gift. One hint that makes cleanup so much easier...use parchment paper to line the baking pan.