- 4 acorn squash (about 1 lb. each)
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard seeds. Cut squash crosswise into 1-inch slices.
- Arrange slices slightly overlapping, in a buttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Bake, covered, in a 375 degrees oven for 35 minutes or until almost tender.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, syrup and cinnamon.
- Spoon over squash.
- Continue baking, uncovered, 15 minutes or until squash is tender, basting occasionally with syrup mixture from bottom of pan.