Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 acorn squash (about 1 lb. each)
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard seeds. Cut squash crosswise into 1-inch slices.
- Arrange slices slightly overlapping, in a buttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Bake, covered, in a 375 degrees oven for 35 minutes or until almost tender.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, syrup and cinnamon.
- Spoon over squash.
- Continue baking, uncovered, 15 minutes or until squash is tender, basting occasionally with syrup mixture from bottom of pan.
I made this for my husband and it was so good, it is going on the Thanksgiving table this year instead of the sweet potatoes. Thanks for the great recipe!!!
My granddaughter and I just made theae for the my husbamd and other grandkids. They wewre awesome....yummy. I can't wait to !ake a pie.