Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the Stiletto Chef's girls night in figure friendly recipe.
Make and share this Candice Kumia Figure Friendly Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans water-packed artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (about 5 ounces) or 1 bunch Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped (about 5 ounces)
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, 1/3 less fat, at room temperature
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup about 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- Adjust one oven rack to the upper-middle position and keep one rack at the middle position. Preheat the oven to 375°F Coat an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is sticky and golden brown, about 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the artichoke hearts and a few cups of the spinach, turning the mixture over until the spinach leaves wilt. Add the remaining spinach and continue to cook until all the leaves are wilted, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Stir the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan together in a large bowl until creamy. Add the cooled spinach mixture and stir to combine. Scrape the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Bake until the Parmesan is golden brown, about 30 minutes.