Recipe by Chef on the coast
I created this when DH was a student at BYU. He still looks forward to it being on the menu to this day! It is inexpensive and hearty. Timing is approximate.
Top Review by chocciemoo
Delicious, easy and inexpensive, what more is there to say! While this was in the oven some friends arrived unexpectedly and i had slight reservations about serving this (as it was my first attempt and usually takes me a few attempts to master a new recipe). I used peas, beans, corn, carrot and cauliflower and sprinkled some tasty cheese on top. Served with crusty bread rolls, it was a great success! Five stars!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup frozen vegetables, any combination
- 2 -3 medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice potatoes. Cook until tender. Drain.
- Combine chicken, vegetables and potatoes in large bowl.
- Combine soup with onion, parsley and parmesan cheese in medium bowl. Add to chicken mixture and combine gently.
- Place in 9x13 baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Add enough milk to bisquick to make a thin mixture - similar to pancake batter.
- Pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.