1/1 Photo of Cancun Chicken
Great summer recipe with grilled vegetables and even some grilled pineapple even if the main dish is on the stove top! This calls for ground cloves but I think I would like ginger a little better. Use your idea to flavor the meat! I used canned pineapple in place of the fresh. I got this recipe from a cookbook called "Favorite Brand Name Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Twist crown from pineapple.
- 2Cut pine3apple in half lengthwise.
- 3Refrigerate half for another use, such as pasta salad.
- 4Cut fruit from shell with a knife.
- 5Cut fruit crosswise into 6 slices.
- 6Pound chicken into 1/2 thickness.
- 7Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Combine cumin, oregano, and cloves in a cup.
- 9Sprinkle over chicken.
- 10In an 8 inch skillet saute pineapple in hot oil over medium high heat for about a minute.
- 11Remove from skillet.
- 12In same skillet saute chicken in pan juices.
- 13Reduce heat.
- 14Cover and simmer about 2 minutes or till juices run clear.
- 15Blend pineapple juice, lime juice, and cornstarch in a cup.
- 16Pour into same skillet.
- 17Stir until sauce boils and is thickened.
- 18Stir in cilantro.
- 19Serve sauce over chicken and pineapple.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cancun Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 165.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 62.4 g
- Protein 57.9 g