Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great summer recipe with grilled vegetables and even some grilled pineapple even if the main dish is on the stove top! This calls for ground cloves but I think I would like ginger a little better. Use your idea to flavor the meat! I used canned pineapple in place of the fresh. I got this recipe from a cookbook called "Favorite Brand Name Cookbook".
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra light tasting olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
- Twist crown from pineapple.
- Cut pine3apple in half lengthwise.
- Refrigerate half for another use, such as pasta salad.
- Cut fruit from shell with a knife.
- Cut fruit crosswise into 6 slices.
- Pound chicken into 1/2 thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine cumin, oregano, and cloves in a cup.
- Sprinkle over chicken.
- In an 8 inch skillet saute pineapple in hot oil over medium high heat for about a minute.
- Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet saute chicken in pan juices.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 2 minutes or till juices run clear.
- Blend pineapple juice, lime juice, and cornstarch in a cup.
- Pour into same skillet.
- Stir until sauce boils and is thickened.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve sauce over chicken and pineapple.