Recipe by KGCOOK
Great summer recipe with grilled vegetables and even some grilled pineapple even if the main dish is on the stove top! This calls for ground cloves but I think I would like ginger a little better. Use your idea to flavor the meat! I used canned pineapple in place of the fresh. I got this recipe from a cookbook called "Favorite Brand Name Cookbook".
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra light tasting olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Twist crown from pineapple.
- Cut pine3apple in half lengthwise.
- Refrigerate half for another use, such as pasta salad.
- Cut fruit from shell with a knife.
- Cut fruit crosswise into 6 slices.
- Pound chicken into 1/2 thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine cumin, oregano, and cloves in a cup.
- Sprinkle over chicken.
- In an 8 inch skillet saute pineapple in hot oil over medium high heat for about a minute.
- Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet saute chicken in pan juices.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 2 minutes or till juices run clear.
- Blend pineapple juice, lime juice, and cornstarch in a cup.
- Pour into same skillet.
- Stir until sauce boils and is thickened.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve sauce over chicken and pineapple.