Recipe by Michelle S.
I had this at a church dinner years ago and HAD to have the recipe! It is deceptively flavorful and so rich. A nice Mexican rice and a dab of sour cream and avocado salad are tasty additions to make a complete meal.
Top Review by Susan Lee
Unique! Rich! If you are seeking a really different and delicious seafood/Mexican dish this is IT!!! Would be a stunner at a dinner party - and a small portion goes a long way! I am glad you insisted on getting this recipe at your church dinner! Thank you for sharing it.
- 8 corn tortillas, quartered,divided
- 1 cup chopped seeded green chili peppers or 1 cup canned chile
- 12 ounces crabmeat or 12 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Layer 4 of the quartered tortillas covering the bottom of pan completely.
- Combine peppers, crab, 1 c.
- cheese, onion, and the cilantro.
- Whisk together cream and eggs: stir into crab mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over tortillas.
- Top with remaining quartered tortillas and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.