Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
It may not actually cure cancer. It is probably the best soup I have ever had and make at least twice a month if not more. The recipe is easily doubled and as it sits in the fridge it gets better and better.
- 6 chicken breasts (you can use a whole chicken as well)
- 1 lb baby carrots, peeled
- 1 -2 lb celery (depends on your taste)
- 1 medium white onion (you may use any color but white keeps the best flavor)
- 128 ounces chicken stock (I use Wolfgang Puck All Natural Roasted Chicken Stock to give it that "its been cooking all day tast)
- kosher salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups matzo meal (for balls)
- 9 eggs (for balls)
- 3⁄4 cup oil (for balls)
- 1 tablespoon salt (for balls)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (for balls)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder (for balls)
- How to make soup:.
- Shred cooled chicken breasts and place in stock pot.
- Cut up celery, onion and baby carrots into bite sized pieces and add to stock pot.
- Add in 3 of the 32 oz chicken stocks into pot.
- Fill those containers with water and put in stock pot as well so now you should have 1 and 1/2 gallons of fluid in your stock pot and brimming with vegetables. Ensure you still have room in your pot for about 8 more cups of food.
- Finally add your seasonings.
- Cook on medium heat for about 90 minutes or until your vegetables are tender.
- Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- How to make matza balls:.
- **regular** (makes 30 balls).
- Mix together the oil and eggs.
- Slowly add the matzah meal.
- Add the salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour till firm.
- with remaining 32 oz of broth pour into large pot and fill with 32 oz of water as well.
- With moistened hands, (gently) make balls do not pack them or they wont cook all the way.
- Add balls to water (balls will drop to bottom, but will pop up and float on top while cooking) Cover.
- Lower heat to a slow boil.
- Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour until fluffy.
- **Stuffed balls*.
- When making the balls put in any chopped herb and form the ball around the herb and cook as stated.
- When balls are done:.
- Add all broth and balls to soup mixture cook another 10 minutes and serve hot.
This was really, really good. My family and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for posting. Will definitely make again.