3 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
It may not actually cure cancer. It is probably the best soup I have ever had and make at least twice a month if not more. The recipe is easily doubled and as it sits in the fridge it gets better and better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breasts (you can use a whole chicken as well)
- 1 lb baby carrots, peeled
- 1 -2 lb celery (depends on your taste)
- 1 medium white onion (you may use any color but white keeps the best flavor)
- 128 ounces chicken stock (I use Wolfgang Puck All Natural Roasted Chicken Stock to give it that "its been cooking all day tast)
- kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups matzo meal (for balls)
- 9 eggs (for balls)
- 3/4 cup oil (for balls)
- 1 tablespoon salt (for balls)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (for balls)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (for balls)
- 1How to make soup:.
- 2Shred cooled chicken breasts and place in stock pot.
- 3Cut up celery, onion and baby carrots into bite sized pieces and add to stock pot.
- 4Add in 3 of the 32 oz chicken stocks into pot.
- 5Fill those containers with water and put in stock pot as well so now you should have 1 and 1/2 gallons of fluid in your stock pot and brimming with vegetables. Ensure you still have room in your pot for about 8 more cups of food.
- 6Finally add your seasonings.
- 7Cook on medium heat for about 90 minutes or until your vegetables are tender.
- 8Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- 9How to make matza balls:.
- 10**regular** (makes 30 balls).
- 11Mix together the oil and eggs.
- 12Slowly add the matzah meal.
- 13Add the salt, sugar and baking powder.
- 14Refrigerate for 1/2 hour till firm.
- 15with remaining 32 oz of broth pour into large pot and fill with 32 oz of water as well.
- 16With moistened hands, (gently) make balls do not pack them or they wont cook all the way.
- 17Add balls to water (balls will drop to bottom, but will pop up and float on top while cooking) Cover.
- 18Lower heat to a slow boil.
- 19Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour until fluffy.
- 20**Stuffed balls*.
- 21When making the balls put in any chopped herb and form the ball around the herb and cook as stated.
- 22When balls are done:.
- 23Add all broth and balls to soup mixture cook another 10 minutes and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Kosher Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kosher Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Cancer Curing Matzah Ball Soup"
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.1
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 155.9 mg
- Sodium 945.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 22.8 g