1/1 Photo of Canary Island Style Pollo En Adobo
One of the most popular ways to serve chicken in the Canary Islands is in Adobo. Adobo is as varied as there are chefs, but the basic ingredients are the same. Feel free to play with the quantities of the ingredients! Cooking is a creative endeavor! Prep time does not include marinating time, so be sure to allow for that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (I use more)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I prefer choricero or smokey)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (to taste)
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil (about)
- 2 -3 tablespoons white wine (or a splash of red wine vinegar)
- pepper (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt, then add paprika, oregano, thyme, pepper, if using and olive oil.
- 2Add wine and combine well.
- 3Coat chicken with marinade, and refrigerate several hours.
- 4Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- 5Fry chicken pieces until cooked through-about 20 minutes, lowering heat to medium low after chicken initially sears.
- 6This can be made with boneless, skinless breasts--just reduce cooking time accordingly.
- 7This can also be made on the grill-the flavor will be even better!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canary Island Style Pollo En Adobo
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.8
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 162.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 43.0 g