Recipe by trelawney8
I found this recipe in Gourmet magazine and I *love* it - a spicy vinegar based potato salad that has a great kick and nice flavor.
Top Review by HSingARMYmom
These were excellent - my picky son (who NEVER willingly eats potatoes) asked for seconds. I made them with fingerling Yukon gold's cut into thirds after boiling in salted water till tender. Matched well with the tandoori chicken legs we had. Will definitely make again!
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (preferably Hungarian)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 whole scallions, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 minced fresh parsley (optional)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cover the unpeeled potatoes with enough cold water to cover them by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until just tender.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, cumin, paprika and red pepper flakes and whisk until blended.
- Drain potatoes, pat them dry, and toss with dressing, scallions and parsley.
- Cut potatoes into smaller chunks if desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.