1/2 Photos of Canary Island Cilantro Soup
The "chicken soup" of the Canary Islands, this is famed a sure cure to any ailment! Besides its healing properties, it is really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 ripe tomato, peeled and seeded,finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced roughly
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 green pepper, cut in half
- 2 bouillon cubes (I use knorr beef)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 quarts water, enough to cover vegetables
- 1In a med-large soup pot, heat about 2 Tblsp of olive oil.
- 2Sautee onion, garlic, tomato, potatoes, and paprika over fairly high heat until the onions are translucent.
- 3Add boullion, 1/2 of the green pepper (in one chunk) 2/3 of the bunch of cilantro, tied with a string (the bunch), and the salt to taste.
- 4Add enough water to cover vegetables completely, with about 1-2 inches above the veggies.
- 5Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- 6About half way through cooking time, add the rice.
- 7Adjust salt, remove green pepper and bunch of cilantro, discard.
- 8Chop the remaining green pepper and cilantro and serve each soup plate with fresh chopped green pepper and sprinkle with cilantro.
- 9Serve with"queso fresco" and baguettes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canary Island Cilantro Soup
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 478.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g