Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious German hors d'oeuvres
- 1⁄2 medium vidalia onions or 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium dill pickle, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beet juice
- 2 slices bread, plain or toasted (rye, pumpernickel or white)
- Use blender or food processor to puree all ingredients (except bread) into a smooth paste.
- Trim sliced bread into large square without crusts.
- Place a layer of paste on one slice, top with remaining slice and cut into four squares or triangles.