Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious German hors d'oeuvres
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices bread, plain or toasted (rye, pumpernickel or white)
- Use blender or food processor to puree all ingredients (except bread) into a smooth paste.
- Trim sliced bread into large square without crusts.
- Place a layer of paste on one slice, top with remaining slice and cut into four squares or triangles.
So simple, but very tasty. I used a flat leaf parsley and a bit more lemon juice in the butter mixture and spread on Toast Rounds (Toast Rounds). I left the canapés open-faced without adding additional bread on top of the herbed butter.