Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious German hors d'oeuvres
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 slices bread, plain or toasted (rye, pumpernickel or white)
- Use blender or food processor to puree all ingredients (except bread) into a smooth paste.
- Trim sliced bread into large square without crusts.
- Place a layer of paste on one slice, top with remaining slice and cut into four squares or triangles.
Love this! I used anchovie paste, as that is what I had, and this came togther in seconds, love the saltiness, I topped with a little cayenne to kick it up! Miss you Miller! Dawn