Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a party starter that can be made in advance
Make and share this Canapes : Salmon Tart With Herbed Mousse recipe from Food.com.
For the Tart
- 135 g butter, slightly melted
- 270 g flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For the mousse
- 30 g chives
- 15 g chervil
- 15 g Italian parsley
- 200 g whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder mixed with 4tsp water
- salt and pepper
- 200 g smoked salmon
- For the Dough:.
- Blend butter in a food processor for at least 8 minutes, until it turns white and creamy. At the beaten egg, followed with the water.
- Sieve in the flour and salt, and blend together until you get a ball of dough. Do not overwork the dough, and the dough will be hard and chewy.
- Turn the dough to a table and roll the dough to a 1/4 inch thickness. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, then cut into 1 1/2 inch squares. Prick holes into the squares, and freeze for another 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 180 C and baked the frozen squares for around 12 mins or until golden brown.
- The Mousse.
- Heat the cream on a low fire, and blend the herbs in the cream until fine. Melt the gelatine with the water in a double boiler until the crystals are dissolved. Then combine the gelatin with the herb cream, season with salt and pepper. Remove from fire and strain with a sieve. Line a 9 inch square tray with saran wrap. Pour the cream into the tray and chill for one hour, then cut the gel in small circles, slightly smaller than the tart.
- Place a herb mousse circle on top of the tart, and top it with a small square slice of smoked salmon. Garnish with salmon roe or caviar, edible flower or some green.